Pages


Thursday, April 29, 2010

There is a use for Gundam Stickers!

Yes gundam stickers do have a valid use! I used them to make an exaclty fitting painting mask for the visor on my model. I simply laid in onto some Tamiya masking tape and cut carefully around it.


It fitted perfectly onto the visor on the head nicely masking it for the following paint job.

I masked the camera ports with Tamiya tape by placing it onto the part then using a toothpick to burnish in the shape. A sharp hobby blade then bing used to cut out the shape.

I decided to start off a little differently on this model. I dispensed with the grey laquer primer and primend the entire kit with Tamiya Titanium gold instead.

I read somewhere that Gundams were made of Gundamium metal.... something differently ficticious so Tamiya Titanium gold might well represent that futuristic different metal.

This is quite a cool metallic colour and will really look different showing through the paint in the chipped areas. (Hopefully)!

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository