Pages


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Weathering 2

Well I plucked up the courage to do it.

The re-fuelling stain has been applied with some degree of success I think.


I mixed up a transparent colour using Tamiya gloss clear for the base and just a brush full of Tamiya clear blue to give it some colour contrast on the surface of the plane, this mix was heavily thinned with laquer thinners. The reference photo clearly showed the stain being a blue colour, I don't know if this is because of the colour of the fuel or if it is just reflecting the blue of the sky, but it looks cool that way.

I airbrushed on the stain using my fine 0.3mm tip and a pressure of around 5psi. I tried to concentrate on keeping the shape tight and in general accordance with my reference pic. The edges were then lightly feathered to make it look more like a high speed splash mark.

Well there you have it, I would like to hear any feed back on this refueling stain that you may have,

So until next time,

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository