Pages


Saturday, April 3, 2010

Streaks and Final Flat coat

Well Happy easter to all. I finally got around to completing the basic finish on the F117.
I was generally unhappy with the original flat coat that I had applied (Tamiya gloss clear with flat base added). It still seemed very glossy especially in comparison to the very flat highlight shading that I had re-done.

So after doing the streaking with artists oils and an appropriate drying time I sprayed the whole model with Testors Dulcote. In a hope to even out the sheen of the finish.
As you can see yet again the contrast has been somewhat lost.... not as bad as last time though so I think that I will just live with it and get over it.

Here is a close up of the fuselage for a better idea of the shading. Sorry about the pic.. I relly must find my old Sony digital camera - it is much better for macro work.
Well on to the home straight now with this one. I will be adding the ordnance and doors to the lower side tonight which will just leave the cockpit and canopy to be finished. I also plan on adding a refueling splash to the top fuselage as seen on some of my reference pics.....

Ironically this will be done in a tinted gloss paint well thinned...

Wish me luck, till next time,

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository