Pages


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Joints and seams

I have been working away at the basic assembly of this kit for the last 2 evenings. I'm gluing the parts together with Tamiya liquid cement and cleaning up all of the seams as I go.

A couple of areas have needed filler particularly on the underside of the feet. I use Tamiya grey filler and sans smooth when its dry.

The beam rifle is quite an impressive weapon and should come up nicely with paint.


Here the main leg assemblies are together, these still need the seams dealt with, then it will be on with the torso and head.
I have also started the upper and lower arm parts. I have found that if you add just the right amount of liquid glue the melted plastic will ooze up out of the joint to fill in most gaps. A simple scraping with a modeling knife when its dry being enough to eliminate the seam.



To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository