Pages


Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Painting - The real fun begins!

Again on this model I applied my maskol with the foam sponge technique for chipping paint. I'm interested to see how this might turn out with the titanium gold base coat.

The second photo shows a close up and you can see the maskol on the models surface.

I have settled on a colour combination for the camoflage after much research on the web and forum suggestions. I have decided to use a 2 tone dark green cam pattern. The darker green is Tamiya Japanese army green. Unusually this will be sprayed first as I want this colour to show through the lighter green base to follow.

I plan to mask in thin stripes of masking tape to give a highly geometric camoflage comprised of long rectangels and squares.

The colour chosen for the overall finish is Tamiya Nato green. These two greens are quite similar with one being slightly darker than the other. If this works out it should look quite cool.
Here are a couple of photos of the base coat of J.A. green applied over the titanium gold and maskol.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository