Pages


Friday, April 23, 2010

Glue and Seams Continued...

More assembly and seam work in the past two days.

Here you can see the results of my liquid glue and hobby knife scraping technique that I described in my last posting, the raw seams are on the right. After a coat of primer the seam line completely dissapear.

Any panel lines that get affected by a seam are scribed back in with an Olfa 'P' cutter.

Assembly then continues with the torso parts. I ended up doing a small modification to the front armored skirts as the kit supplies these two parts joined. To increase the poseability of the kit I separated the front skirts with a razor saw and added some tubing and wire to the torso part to hold them straight and even. They now move independantly of each other.

The upper torso and head were also assembled at this time, taking time to align the parts as best I could to minimise the seam work to follow.


Finally here is a picture of the finished legs with all of the seams dealt with without using any filler.


Until next time,

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository