Pages


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Base Part 4

The paint work on the flight recorder base was completed last night. The white end part was masked up in a stripe pattern and Testors international orange was spayed on. It is worth noting that I based the colour scheme of the flight recorder on images I found whilst Googling 'flight recorder', as the actual flight recorder in the movie is a very boring black, not to mention a different shape entirely!

The whole lot was un-masked after a short drying period and the fun could begin.

The maskol I had applied with a sponge after the Tamiya titanium silver coat could now be removed to reveal metallic chipping and general wear. I wanted this flight recorder to have a bit of character, as if it had survived the crash landing on Fiorina 'Fury' 161 in the movie.

The maskol was removed with a piece of blu-tac by gently rubbing the blu-tac along the edges where the maskol was applied. This I feel has imparted some nice chipping and a general 'used' feel about the flight recorder that will be enhanced with further weathering techniques later on.

At this stage I have not re-assembled the flight recorder (you will notice the rubber feet still missing) as I now need to have some custom decals made for it (and the EEV itself). These decals will need to be applied and sealed before I progress with any further weathering of the flight recorder.

At this stage I am fairly pleased with how it is looking.

More soon,

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository