Pages


Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thoughts on the Display Base

I have been thinking about options for the display base since I started this project. At first I was going to build a styrene box to house the batteries etc with a aluminum tube to support the model.

Yesterday I had an idea to follow the movie story line and mount the model on the flight recorder from the EEV that Ripley uses Bishop to read data from in the movie. Now how will I do that?

I found a very old and obsolete Iomega Zip drive which was about the perfect size for a base.






I have opened the case and removed most of the internal parts, there is now enough room for my battery case and the mounting hole for the power button is just about the perfect size for my new button.





I will install styrene tubing in both the base and the model that is a snug fit for the aluminum tube stand. The wiring for the LED lighting will pass up the center of the aluminum tube.


I will paint up the Flight Recorder in grey, white and international orange, then add some custom decal lettering and it should really look the part.

More soon,

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository