Pages


Monday, September 12, 2011

Docking Ring Details

With this build I am scratching my head as to how to construct two areas:
  1. The docking ring.
  2. The holes for the mounting pins.
I thought that I will tackle these two areas first and get them sorted early, so I decided to start with the docking ring and surrounding bay. (I am assuming it is a docking ring but if anyone else know better I'd love to hear from you).

I raided my spare parts box and came up with the idea of using a 1:25 scale car wheel for the docking ring itself and luckily I found one that works well, not being too tall.


As the ring fits into a recessed bay area of the craft and I had to be careful that the docking ring part would not protrude out of the bay past the general surface of the vehicle.

The pipe conduit detail could then be added to the docking ring bay using 1mm half round profile styrene strip and a couple of small greeblies thrown in for good luck.


I must say at this early stage that I am very impressed with the paper model plans, the fit so far has been exceptionally good and I really hope this continues thought the rest of the build.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository