Pages


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shelving

I have begun to add the'shelving' greeblies to the superstructure parts, I have done this whilst the superstructure parts are still separate, for ease of access. Once this is finished the whole superstructure and bridge neck can be glued into place.



The key to this is to be totally random, I am forever catching myself thinking symetrically!




I will try to describe and illustrate how I did this. Firstly you need some evergreen strip styrene, a few different thicknesses and a few different widths.


The styrene strips are then cut into different sized peices - be random here with the sizes that you  cut.


These are then glued to the sides of the superstructure as randomly as possible, they are also re-cut as needed to get peices sized to fit any gaps.

When I have part of the superstructure side filled I go back over it and add another layer of smaller detail bits, you can notice it look more busy.

Till next time, cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository