Pages


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Superstructure Level 2

The upper level of the superstructure has been completed, this was all constructed in the same manner as the lower levels and details scribed in.


The next job will be gluing the superstructure in place and adjusting and adding the Arvey models bridge neck and bridge.


I have 2 bridges to choose from the one pictured above is the neck bridge from the star destroyer Devestator as seen in the opening scene of  "A New Hope". This is the ship I have chasen to model as it is slightly different from the star destroyer Avenger as seen in "The Empire Strikes Back", and is not often seen in model form.

The Devestator has a different bridge face, different neck rear (no garbage chute) and different engine nozzles as well as a different main hanger bay crane, amongst a myriad of other detail differences that I wont go into. It also has a quad gun turret in the small trench notch in the rim - which is quite cool and really cool looking twin gun turrets on the sides below the superstructure.

The Arvey models parts are well cast in tan coloured resin with no visible air bubbles or flaws and I especially like the engine nozzles shape.


I feel that I could not achieve this level of detail if I scratch built these. The detailing on the bridge face is first class and will look great with a coat of paint and a wash to bring all of the detail out.


Arvey models also include the bridge shield generator domes as a separate casting as well, this is a huge relief to me as I was very worried about scratchbuilding these!!

Stay tuned for more progress...

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository