Pages


Monday, August 9, 2010

Bridge Neck and Details


The detailing on the superstructure has been completed, I started using some greeblies from kit parts on the rear of the superstructure to give this area more of an engineering, mechanicial feel as it will be close to the engines.


I added the Arvey Models bridge neck using epoxy glue and them shimmed and filled the gaps before adding somegreeblies on the joint to disguise it.


The Bridge section has only been added using blu tack for the photos as I am sure I will knock it off during the rest of the construction sequence. It will be epoxied into place nearer to the end of construction.






The next section that I have started work on is the trench detail. I decided to start at the nose as I thought that a logical place, as well as an area of the ship that would be packed with guns and weaponry.



I started using parts that I have been accumulating from 1:1200 scale ship kits, particularly the revell german WWII battleships and the Hobby Boss modern american cruisers.


That is all for now but stay tuned - hopefully I will be able to update again soon.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository