Pages


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reactor Dome

I think that I had some success with the reactor dome. I used a table tennis ball and a draftsmans circle template to mark the diameter I was after onto the ball then a razor saw to carefully cut it out.


The only problem I had was that regular Tamiya extra thin glue did not affect the table tennis ball, so I had to resort to thin super glue. I have also started to add some detailing to the reactor dome, but there is more to be done. All in all I think it looks about right as far as size and height go.

I also have done a test fit of the maion hanger bay to the lower hull.


I got this to fit with just a little sanding, scraping and fiddling. I'm pretty happy with the result so far and it now just needs to have the edging shrouds made and fitted to finish it off.

My next poit of work will be the forward shuttle bay, so stay tuned....

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository