Pages


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

RGM 79G Sniper Finished

Well I finally found a little time to finish this guy off. I sprated a final flat coat of Tamiya glear mixed 50:50 with Tamiya flat base, this went on nice and flat ans its the best result I have had from this product so far. The model was set aside to dry thoroughly for 24 hours.



I added streaking from artidt oil paints to further weather the finish. The colours used were from the windsor and newton line and were lamp black, raw umber and titanium white. A small dot of oil colour from the end of a tooth pick was placed at the point where I wished a run to begin, a brush dampened with clean artist white spirit was then draged over the dot of paint in a downwards direction to create the streak, this process is then repeated to reduce the opacity of the streak to the desired finish.

To finish the peice off I used a 6B graphite pencil to add a pleasing metallic shine to certain edges, mainly on the details of the beam rifle. Now it's done - I'll let the pictures do the talking.



I hope that you enjoyed following this build as much as I did creating it. My next project will see a change of pace for we will be looking at a 1:48 armour peice, so until then,

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository