Pages


Friday, May 7, 2010

Revealing the Camo

Well I'm back with another update. I managed to get the Tamiya  Nato green applied, I decided no to do any highlighting with the airbrush as I will have a go at using Sin Industries Filters to enhance this paint job.
The masking for the camoflage pattern was removed, and I am quite pleased with how this has come out. I will be going back to using the laquer primer in the future as the tamiya acrylic paints just have a better hold with this primer base. Without it the paint is very delicate and tends to scratch off easily.


I used a cotton bud to start to carefully remove the maskol to reveal the titanium gold chipping beneath. To my surprise this actually looks like a dark silver chipping now, you have to look at the chipping very carefully to realise that it is infact gold in colour.

All in all I'm quite pleased with the effect, I tried to keep the chipping as minimal as possible so as not to loose the camo effect.


To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository