Pages


Monday, September 6, 2010

Some Small Details

Its bell a little time between updates for some not easily noticeable works, but I believe the key to a great model is in the details and this is where my work has been concentrated recently.


Here I have added the vanes on the rear of the hull, there were made from strip styrene and they were detailed with fine strip and disks of styrene cut from a length of styrene rod.


They are added to both sides of the rear hull plates, I followed the reference pictures of the studio model for these details.


Next on the list is the detail on the hull plate extensions. I made strengthing webs from tiny triangles that I cut from strip styrene, placed them at regular intervals, symetrically side to side and top to bottom (one of the few details that is like this).


The gaps between were then detailed with tiny shapes cut from very fine stip styrene and place in a random way.



This work is still in progress on the lower hull parts.


After I finish this detailing I will be able to separate the top and bottom hull halves and prime the trench detail (and probably paint it as well). I think it will be much easier to paint it with the top off.

The top and bottom hull halves can then be joined woth glue and work can begin on the rear engine area.

Stay tuned,

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository