Pages


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tamiya F117 Stealth Figher in 1:48


Hello to all,

My first posting is a current in-progress work on Tamiyas' 1:48 F117 Stealth Fighter. This kit was recently purchased with money given to me on my 40th birthday by mates from my local model club.

As you can see it is nearing completion with only a few details yet to be added. These include a Quick boost resin ejection seat, the canopy, gear doors, LGB's and bomb bay doors.

I spent quite some time doing shading effects on the black finish and I was quite pleased with it. Unfortunately much of this effect has been lost under the gloss coats for the decals and the subsequent flat coat.



I plan to re-do my shading effect to boost the contrast - but have to be VERY careful with the application now that the decals are on.

Until next time,

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
eScale Models Link Repository